Project: Bandy Creek Weir Reinstatement
Client: Department of Transport
Project Duration: August 2019 to April 2020
Consulting Engineer: Advision WorleyParsons Group
Italia Stone Group constructed a new bridge and amour rock revetment at Bandy Creek. The project which included 10 000 tonnes of earth / amour rock works and 400 tonnes concrete poured. The project had many benefits to Bandy Creek boat harbour and the environment. Reducing sediment deposition from the Bandy Creek into the boat harbour, minimising the volume of dredging required.
Maintaining a suitable water level in the creek to protect the RAMSAR wetlands upstream. Providing an access road for emergency vehicles. Maintain a suitable utility corridor for water, sewerage and communications.
The main scope of works included:
- Quarrying of Granite amour for the construction of the weir
- Construction of Granite amour rock revetments and weir
- Installation of a construction bund across the new weir alignment including temporary culverts to divert the flow of the creek
- Installation of vinyl sheet piles
- Installation of tubular piles
- Supply of concrete bridge deck planks and headstocks
- Construction of the bridge across the weir
- Installation of Water Corporation sewage pressure main of DN250 and DN315 pipes.
- Installation of Potable water pressure main DN110
- Construction of roads
- Installation of bridge furniture, gates, chicanes and solar lights
Please contact Italia Stone Group for any inquiries.