Project: Eastern Goldfields Railway Rock Buttressing Stabilisation Works at 125 to 126km and 135 to 137 km line markers.
Client: ARC Infrastructure
Project Duration: October 2019 to September 2020
Consulting Engineer: Advisian WorleyParsons Group
Italia Stone Group was awarded the contract for supply and installation of 75mm granite rock fill and supply and installation of Sub-ballast capping. Italia produced 100 000 Tonnes of 75mm granite rock fill in their Northam quarry for the project. The rock was carted by road to the two site with strict adherence to traffic management plans. Italia imported 20 000 Tonnes of Sub-ballast for the construction of the top layers of the rail stabilisation.
The main scope of works included:
- Production of material by Italia
- Preparation of the two site
- Clearing where required
- Establish secure access along the rail track
- Protection of any services
- Set up of water withdrawal points
- Excavation and box out of foundations
- Placement of Geotextile
- Placement, compaction and trim of rock fill material in 500mm Layers
- Quality Control and Management
- OH&S Management
- Project Management
Please contact Italia Stone Group for any inquiries.